The history of Buehler-Larson Funeral and Cremation Service dates back to 1903, when the Kennelly Funeral Home began offering funeral service to the community in connection with the family owned furniture store. Two generations of Kennelly’s operated the business for decades. Warren Buehler purchased the funeral home in 1954 and renamed the business Buehler Funeral Home. In 1976, the business moved from their downtown location to the present location, 1701 Sunset Drive in Mandan.
Gary and Pat Larson purchased and began operating the business in 1989. As retirement neared for Gary and Pat, they gave considerable thought about how they could provide stability and best serve the communities for generations to come. The transition into retirement arrived in 2014 and brought a feeling of a great responsibility to the people of the communities, including Mandan, New Salem, Center, and our surrounding area. With this premise in mind, Gary and Pat announced the sale of Buehler-Larson Funeral Homes to Vertin Family Funeral Homes.
The caring, professional staff at Buehler-Larson Funeral and Cremation Service is committed to providing caring, compassionate and professional service to our communities and to every family we are entrusted to serve.
We promise to continue this caring tradition today, and far into the future.